August and September 2020

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room August and September 2020

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Seems like this month lost a week. Just realized that the August shoot is only two weeks out. Please bare with me on this August shoot. The intent here is to give our good shooters more warm up at the 1000 yard range. If this goes as expected we will expand things in September. The August match will be a one target/30 record shot f-class match at 1000 yards. Plans are to break out the ‘big red clock’ and give each relay 45 minutes to shoot foulers and their 30 record rounds all in one trip to the line. I’m thinking 40-45 rounds per shooter. August will no doubt be hot again. We will divide the rifles into open and ftr, the benches will be available, and other than the format things will go as in the past.

Please read and agree to the shooter expectations listed in another topic above and remember we will be limiting the number of shooters to 24 until we can come up with a better solution.

The September match will be a 1000 yard F-Class match. 3/20/1000 on 9/19/20

Please register your attendance for the August match here. The first 24 or 7:00 pm Thursday August 13, 2020, which ever comes first. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

f-open 284

brett collins
      Participant

johnny pace 6.5×47 open

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Steve Gilley 6brx open

308 FTR

Danny Gray
      Participant

Danny gray Albert Pitchford open class both 6. Bra

Bryan Pansing
      Participant

Bryan Pansing 6.5 x 47 Open

brett collins
      Participant

mark harrell 308 ftr
      jimmy roney 6br open

Chase Morgan
      Participant

Chase Morgan 308 ftr

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Kenneth Thomas 308 FTR

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard Allen is in 6.5 X 47 Open division.

Something that I forgot to mention. This is a 1000 yard prone match but the benches will be available. When you register and if you need, for one reason or another to shoot from a bench, please mention at the time of registration. Helps me get things arranged in advance. I know already about Danny, Johnny, and Richard.

I plan to shoot open but will give my place up any month that someone else wants to be number 24. WWE

scott parten
      Participant

Scott Parten .308 F/TR

mike boykin
      Participant

308 bipod for me.
      Also brad armistead 6.5 bibod.

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

.308 off bipod

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Richard Slaton F open bipod 6 BrX

Jessie Smith
      Participant

308 bipod

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Monday night at 9:00 pm we have 19 shooters signed up. That leaves 5 spots open. Last month the .308 guys shot first so plans are to let the Open guys shoot first this month. We will have at least 3 relays in the Open division so if any of you FTR shooters want to wait a little later to show, please be at the match before 11:00 am. If Brad is riding with the Boykins I will put him in the last Open relay so ya’ll would need to be at the match around 10. As always everyone is welcome to be here by 8 am to get a biscuit.

As I had mentioned earlier, plans are to get the left shoulder replaced on October 1. Steve Gilley has agreed to host a steel match on the third Saturday in October. He is finalizing the details and plans to discuss the match this Saturday at our August match. Steve has been a big supporter of our matches and I ask many of you to please support the October match at his place. Should be something a little different and should be lots of fun and good shooting. He did mention that the number of shooters would be limited to 24. Steve’s place is south on Highway 43 about an hour and fifteen minutes below Linden. We will mention more about this here in the forum the closer we get to that time.

November we will let some of you volunteers host a bench rest match at Reese Bottom. Two paper targets at 300 yards and two paper targets at 500 yards. Four five shot record targets. I think this would be easiest on me so somebody make plans to step up to the plate. See ya Saturday. Five spots left. WWE

mike boykin
      Participant

Patricia todd 6.5 cm open

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Jonathan Jones 6 BRA Open
      Katelyn Jones 6 BRA Open

That is 22. Two spots open. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

For information purposes. Registration is closed with 22 good shooters signed up. Fourteen Open rifles and eight FTR rifles.

Danny Gray, Johnny Pace and Richard Allen will shoot first. All three from the benches. If possible, please be at the range by eight so that we can get going.

Remember, we will have something for breakfast and lunch. See ya Saturday. WWE

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.