Attaching a photo to a Post

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Attaching a photo to a Post

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We received an email this morning asking how to attach a photo to a post for an item for sale. Chat post will also accept attachments. Here is the process as I understand it. This process works on a PC, a MAC would be different and I cannot be much help. Take an up close photo and get that photo transferred or copy/paste from your camera card into your PC pictures folder(be sure you can find the photo on your PC) My SLR camera takes very large file sized photos so once I find the wanted photo in the pictures folder, I right-click on the photo and click ‘open with Paint’. The picture now opens in the ‘Paint window’ and if you notice along the top there is an option to re size. Click re size and another window opens that will probably say 100%. Change the 100% to 20%, 25%, or maybe 30% and click OK. You should now see the photo in a smaller size. On the top click ‘File’ the ‘Save’ and the photo should now be plenty small enough to upload to the website.

Now that the photo is an acceptable size, go to the Chat Forum or Buy/Sell Forum and create a new topic, enter your chat or describe your ‘For Sale’ item, list the selling price, and before you hit ‘Submit’ click ‘Choose File’, find the photo file on the PC and hit ‘Open’. Notice also the you can ‘Add Another File’ to add more than one picture.

There are other ways to do this. If you need additional help, do not hesitate to call me. Hope this helps. WWE

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Wynne Echols.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.