April 2017 at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room April 2017 at Reese Bottom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom will host a bench rest match on Saturday April 15, 2017. Please try to arrive by 8 am so that we can get thing together and be shooting around 9 am. $15 per gun and a shooter may shoot two different guns. Three rifle divisions, drinks and food. The shooters last month agreed to shoot a 30 shot match plus foulers. A 5 shot target at 400 yards, a 10 shot target at 400 yards, a 5 shot target at 500 yards, and a 10 shot target at 500 yards. We will give small prizes for the small group in each division on three targets and the ‘gunny pot’ will be an option for the 5 shot target at 500 yards. Lots of chances to win. We have several good shooters that have gotten out of the habit. You know who they are so please give them a call or pay them a visit. We for sure could use a few more rifles in the ‘open bi-pod’ division. Got to have competitors to have a competition. The forums are crying for activity and are a great place for those of you shooting other places to keep us posted on how things went or how well you shot, or didn’t shoot. Doug Pugh and I shot one morning last week at 1000 yards in prep for going to Bar 3, but the match got canceled because of wet weather. Brock’s Gap is shooting this weekend. Hope to see many of you on the 15th. WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Will we be engaging all targets in sequence or will be shooting these in a round robin style? Just curious, I would like to bring the win mag but that’s a lot of heat for 1 long string. The .308 don’t mind the heat so I figured Id ask.

Wife and I are gonna try and hit Bar 3 this weekend for the 1000 yard F-class. Anyone one else going?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Ben, we will only go to the bench once for this match. We will have short cold periods before we begin to shoot foulers for the next target. Good luck if ya’ll decide to go this Saturday. WWE

Tony Graham
      Participant

Wynne, it has been a while. I am planning on coming over for the 15th, if I can make it home in time. As of right now I think there is a total of six guys from Wayne Co. coming.

I’m looking at Bar3 for this weekend but not 100% yet…….But I will be at Linden for the match and we at Gabriel Creek are having a benefit shoot this month trying to get some money together to send a young lady on a trip to Washington DC,I hope we can make this happen but not without you good shooters coming and shooting……

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Surrell, see you on the 15th. Please bring something that does not shoot as well. lol WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Tony, good to hear from you. I hope all is well and we look forward to seeing you soon. Those MS. fellows are very good shooters, you had better buckle up. WWE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.