A&D FX-120i reloading scale

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room A&D FX-120i reloading scale

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      brett collins
      Participant

I am currently using a gem pro 250 and while it is OK I find it to be slow and have a certain amount of drift
      now that Christmas is over and out of the Way I can set my sights on a scale that I have been looking at for a couple of years now the FX-120i
      from what I read over at
      accurateshooter.com this scale has very good reviews with that bunch so I was wondering if any of you had any experience with this scale

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Brett, I am going to respond without doing any research on this particular scale. From what I have read in the past, there are basically two types of scales. Some use a strain guage load cell and others a magnetic force restore. The magnetic force seems to set quicker than the strain guage and supposedly does not drift as much. I bought a magnetic force scale on ebay a couple of years ago that works much better than my previous scale. A couple of things that help are turning the scale on at least a couple of hours before use to let it settle down, do not put directly under a flourescent light, led has no effect, and I will spray a little static guard around the scale before use.

Good luck with your new purchase but please understand that the rest of us at Reese Bottom cannot afford for you to improve upon your shooting. lol, WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Brett, from what I read on Accurate Shooter the Gem Pro was the best. I’ve tried the electronics and went back to the beam scale, but I did not try the Gem Pro.

Brent
      Participant

FX – 120 the best hands down IMO, pm me your number and I will send a video, 10 sec powder drop to the kernel. Pricey but worth it to me, just my 2 cents

Al Barr
      Participant

Brett, I’ve the fx120 for about 4 years and it has been reliable and steady.

brett collins
      Participant

i’ve just got my scale and auto trickler set up MAN! this thing is fast and accurate
      if one has some extra Christmas cash left over I can tell you this would be a good way to spend it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.