6xc

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Since Brett asked I guess I’ll let the cat outta the bag. Been working on a little side project. Decided to see what the life of a screaming 6mm was all about. Slapped a 30″ 6xc barrel on my Savage target action. Right now I’m still breaking the barrel in and checking a few different powders. She’s fast no doubt. Ran some H-4350 from 38-40.5 grains with velocities around 2850-3000fps. Ran some Reloader 26 slow magnum powder up to 44 grains and got her up to 3100fps. Shooting 115 grain DTAC Bullets by David Tubbs. They have a BC of .620 so at 3100fps they have a pretty impressive dope chart. Once I get a few more rounds on the barrel I can start doing some real load development Hopefully she will at least give Brett a run for his money lol. If not I guess I’ll have to resort to fishing or something! See y’all soon

Al Barr
      Participant

Ben, what twist barrel are you using!

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

1:8 Wanted a 1:7 but I wasn’t willing to wait forever. Figured I would experiment with it, and if I liked it I wiould order a 1:7 and let Britt do the chambering on it!

Good thing about the DTAC bullets are that they have a large bearing surface and can be stabilized with a 1:8. the 110 grain SMK really need a 1:7

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.