223 Rem Long Range (Part 2)

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 223 Rem Long Range (Part 2)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron Lewis
      Participant

Hit the range Saturday in Havana and have my rifle zeroed in at 600 yds, Hope I have my drop chart correct because I was doing all my shooting at a measured 550 yds. Wind was blowing 10-12 mph from the north and it was cold. I’m zeroed 11 inches high at 550 yds and I think that’s going to be pretty close at 600 yds. At least we should be close enough to start the match. If I can get this photos to post I’ll give you guys a quick look at this old rifle.
      Picture one is the VGM: Variable Gantry Mount built by Chris Self at Miracle Machine in Selma, AL

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Here’s a target after lots of shooting

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Ron, thanks for sharing all of this. Nice looking setup and looking forward to seeing it perform Saturday. I shoot two different loads in my .223. From a 100 yard zero, the slower needs about 16.5 moa and the faster about 14.5 moa. at 600 yards. Hope that helps. See ya Saturday, WWE

Ron Lewis
      Participant

Reloaded some bullets and cleaned my rifle. Here’s the 3 shot group to dirty the barrel. Guess this is about as good as I can hope for today.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.