1000 Yards

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 1000 Yards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Just a reminder, if anyone is interested, there will be 4 IBS sanctioned matches held at the Bar 3 range in Laurel, MS. this Saturday and Sunday. Two matches each day. The Sunday matches were canceled last month so I would check before I traveled. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

This is a report of my recent trip to the 1000 yard IBS bench rest matches held at the
      Bar 3 range in Laurel, MS. The Bar 3 facility is a very nice place to shoot and Daryl Jones, David Weaver, and Co. do a great job running the matches. This past Saturday they shot matches 7 & 8 and I am not sure how many more they plan to shoot, but they could use more good shooters. Mr. Bush did mention that their F-Class electronic targets are up and running. They do shoot a 1000 yard and a 600 yard F-Class match each month so anyone interested should check their website for dates. Mrs. Suzanne went with me and after the matches we went on to New Orleans for a short stay.

I have to brag on the dasher a little. During the morning match, we won our light gun relay for score with a 49 and were able to win the shoot-off with a 47. That was the first IBS match that I have ever won. We got in 3 shoot-offs last month but left 0-for. The afternoon match is what I am most proud of. We won our light gun relay for group with a 3.680″ X 50 and were able to back it up for a shoot-off win with a 3.561″ X 50. I have photos of the two targets[click to enlarge]. Be sure to see the 4 bullet group on the shoot-off target[1.25″] These were actually my first sub 6″ groups in a competition. We also shot the dasher in the heavy gun matches even though it only weighs 16.4#. Did not do well in the morning match but was able to win the afternoon relay for group with a 10 shot group of 6.251 X 94. Slow shooting doomed the shoot-off as we were caught in a condition change that took the group to 9 + inches. All in all we stayed centered up fairly well most of the day and as always had a great time shooting with great people. WWE

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

Great shooting! the Dasher is getting very popular in a lot of different shooting sports

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Thanks Mr. Richard for the compliment. Not sure that we have met but it is nice for you to join the forum and we hope to meet you soon at Reese Bottom. WWE

Brad Mitchell
      Participant

Good shooting Wynne. I plan on shooting the 1000 yard fclass match Saturday. How does the wind and mirage act on that range?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Brad Mitchell.
        Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brad, good to hear from you. I’ll be honest, we shot all day last Saturday in the rain and the wind had some lengthy let ups and there was no mirage until about the time I got through shooting so I did not deal with it. I would assume that they will shoot the prone match on the same range and there are wind flags on both sides every 100 yards. I have not been down range to look at things but there is a tree line 500 to 700 yards down range that could influence things. I am not one to ask for advice on mirage. Not there yet. Good luck and let us know how things turn out. The electronic targets should be fun. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Me. Wynne pretty sure we have not meet but hope to someday.
      Little back ground my shooting center around specialty pistols
      Mostly competing in IHMSA and some NRA handgun silhouette and for fun I like to see how far I can stretch it out. Mr Franklin and the people of Gabriel creek have allow me and one of my specialty pistols to shoot their 500 yrd match that’s were I learned about Reesebottom and then found this site.Reading over some the older post I have pickup some valuable tips.
      Jrs

brett collins
      Participant

I have been looking on bar 3’s website for results of the match and I have also noticed that they no longer post results for their F class matches just curious where does one find this information?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Brett, they have tried to post the results on the IBS website, long range results. I cannot get the links to open. Getting a 404 error. I think that I read where the person responsible for these postings passed away, which caused problems and delays. Should be up and going soon. Not sure why Bar 3 is not posting their results. WWE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.