-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Any changes for next year? in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
Good to read these off season topics on the website. Keep up the good work. I hope all is well with you good shooters and Suze and I wish you a Very Merry Christmas. We are getting a new Bartlein 5R barrel for the .308. Going to give N150 powder a try. I read a recent post by a fellow that won the FTR division at some national match using…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Looking for a good 6MM Dasher load. in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
I forgot to bring up the Alpha brass that you mentioned. Someone told me that the case dimensions are a little different than most reamers and if someone is going to shoot Alpha brass they might want to pair it with an Alpha reamer. You can inform the forum later as to how this works out. The Lapua BR brass has to be reformed for the dasher,…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic Looking for a good 6MM Dasher load. in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
Surrell, I will tell you more after I shoot these left over bullets thru the crony. Was fixing to go to Reese Bottom and shoot them but it has clouded up and I wanted to shoot them in a heavy marage. I can say this. I am right there with Ron on his data except I do shoot Lapua brass. As for Varget, I have two different lot numbers that are…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Let's Put the Lid on 2024 in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
The November Long Range Prone match is the last match to be held at Reese Bottom for the 2024 shooting season. Thank you to all of the good shooters that attended the matches and made the 2024 season such a hugh success. Be sure to visit the home page, results page, and the photo page for the updates. I really appreciate the kind words spoken…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
Registration is closed for the November Long Range Prone Match. This is our last match of the 2024 season. We ended up with nineteen good shooters. Fifteen shooting in the Open Division and four shooting in the FTR Division. We will have five relays for the first time in a long time so plan to be after lunch getting done. Looking forward to…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 10 months ago
Please register your attendance by 7:00 pm tonight. Two spots available. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Tuesday at 5:00 pm. We have seventeen good shooters signed up. We can take up to three more. Please sign up before Thursday night at 7:00 pm. Plans are to fry catfish for lunch and don’t forget the yearend ceremony. Two, maybe three, will leave wearing a crown.
We are experiencing trouble with the website. I hope all is well now. If anyone…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Monday morning and spots are filling fast. As of this posting we have four spots available. I think it would be wonderful to end the year with a full complement of twenty good shooters. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Daryl Roberts, Open, 7 Max
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Pat Simpson, Open, 6.5 Creedmore
-
Wynne Echols started the topic Website Error !! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Fellows, when I logged into the Reese Bottom website tonight to announce the November shoot, something has gone wrong with one of the plugins. It is the plugin responsible for screening who does what on the page. The last time someone breached the site, they sent out some trash. Just beware and if you get something strange, I would delete it.…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic November 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Please be reminded that Reese Bottom will host a long range prone match on Saturday November 16th 2024. This will be the last scheduled match for 2024. Please plan to arrive by 8:00 am so that we can get things going on time. The match will be a 3 X 20 X 1000 scored by the shotmarker etarget system. I will have some food and drinks. Remember,…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic The Last Target !! in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
I think it is incredible at how well many of you scored on the third target Saturday. Please tell me how you were able find the 10 ring so easily. WWE
Also, please remember our good shooters that are dealing with health issues. Jessie Smith, Richard Allen, and Michael Powell for sure all come to mind.
-
Wynne Echols started the topic October Long Range Prone Match Results in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Well, it was a beautiful October day in Alabama. But, beautiful days do not guarantee good shooting conditions. I thought the third target was the worst that I had ever aimed at. Tried to adjust the scope but could never determine a scoring ring to hold off on. With ‘The Big Red Clock’ ticking, I decided to send an experimental shot or two…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic October 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 11 months ago
Registration for the October Long Range Prone match is closed. We have fourteen good shooters registered for the match. Eleven Open and three FTR. Please be here by 8:00 am so we can get things going. I will have a little something to eat and drink. Look to see everyone this Saturday. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic October 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 1 year, 12 months ago
Richard Allen, Open Bench, 6.5 X 47
Wynne Echols, Open, 6 dasher
That’s all of the benches spoken for. WWE
-
Wynne Echols started the topic October 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 2 years ago
Please be advised that the October Long Range Prone match will be held on Saturday, October 19, 2024, at Reese Bottom. This will be the next to the last match held in 2024. We will do things as usual. The match will be a 3 X 20 X 1000. I will have some food and drinks. Remember we take up to twenty good shooters with four shooting from a…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols started the topic September 2024 Match Results in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 2 years ago
We have updated the site to include the results of the September 2024 Long Range Match results. See the home page, results page, and the photo page. The conditions were about as good as they could be. We only had six good shooters attend the match. That is a record for the least to ever shoot a match at Reese Bottom. We only have two matches…[Read more]
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic September 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 2 years ago
Registration is set for the September Long Range Prone match. We have a total of seven good shooters registered for the match. Four in Open and three in FTR. Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning by 8:00 am. I will have some food and drinks. WWE
-
Wynne Echols replied to the topic September 2024 Long Range Prone Match in the forum Reese Bottom Chat Room 2 years ago
Richard Slaton just called to say he is in the hospital and cannot shoot. That only leaves four registered. If we do not have three more by tonight I am canceling the match for lack of participation. Not willing to do all that is required to get ready for a match with so few shooters. WWE
- Load More