Wife wanted a 6BR, so she bought one

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Wife wanted a 6BR, so she bought one

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

So after the Gabriel Creek Match the wife tells me she wants a rifle of her own. I ask her if she wanted to save up and get a custom rifle built but she insisted on getting something off the shelf. So I let her browse the ole internet and pick her out a rifle. She purchased a Savage Model 12 chambered in 6br and just so she wouldn’t bust her budget she topped it with a Millet LRS scope. I have to say for a factory set up I am kind of impressed. Did a quick load test with some Berger 105 hybrids over Varget and seem to be settled on 30.3 grains. According to the Doppler the rounds are running just slightly over 2900. Does anyone have any advice on this particular rifle? Anyone had any experiences with it? Any quick improvements that can be made for a reasonable price? Possibly reaming it into a BRX or a Dasher?

As long as she is serious with it I don’t mind helping her out, that is until she out shoots me Then shes on her own lol

Thanks for the input. See yall this weekend!

Ben

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t ream it out! The 6br is a fine round. Easy to load and shoots great.

Ben looks like y’all will have to come on down to Reese Bottom and shoot some paper.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Ben, the wife will love the 6BR after shooting that rifle of yours. I am pretty sure that I started out 4 or 5 years ago with the same rifle. I never got use to the trigger and soon replaced it with a rifle basic trigger. I own 2 dashers but would highly recommend that you leave it a BR unless you plan to make a living shooting 1000 yards. The brass is a pain. Out to 600 yards, cannot beat the BR. BW shot two different BR’s this past weekend at Reese Bottom and both did very well. Come shoot with us soon, WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ben, I love the 6Br and have shot several great scores in f-class 600 yard matches. My best in 600 yard benchrest was a 5 shot group that measured 1.10″!! It is easy to tune and load for. Your wife will love it!

Well she shoot the 6br at Gabriel Creek on Saturday in the match and shot very well shooting 20 out of 20 and making the shoot off round I think with more range time with her 6br she’s going to be a very shooter.Now all we have to do is get her shooting at Reese Bottom.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Please give us more details from the Saturday match at Gabriel Creek. Thanks, WWE

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

I have to say she was very impressed with her rifles performance this weekend. Im going to continue to tweak her load and try to fine tune it. Thanks Steve for the good advise on how to properly bump the shoulders. Gotta get that bolt to close with a little more ease.

Al Barr
      Participant

You got some great advice on staying with the BR.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.