The Spring Thaw!!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room The Spring Thaw!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I have noticed that several of you good shooters have mentioned going here and there to begin shooting. Please report back as to results and interesting ideas that catch your attention. I spent a couple of days this week hydro forming 70 pieces of Lapua dasher brass. Said that I would never do it again, but I did. Never say never. I have promised “Mississippi” that I would shoot some with them as they try to form a 1000 yard IBS sanctioned match in Laurel, MS. Talked with him recently and they are shooting for the first weekend in April. IBS has their annual meeting this next week and there seems to be a lot going on about possible rule or format changes. Change seems difficult. Get ‘um out and oil ‘um up. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Got it ready. The first Reese Bottom match seems far off right now but I know it will be sooner than I think. Will be looking to make a 100%, and make as many other as I can including Gabriel Creek.

Larry Linneman
      Participant

going to my range today to re zero my creedmoor and fine tune a load in my 308 (had .020 throat erosion from the last time i checked it) also checking wife 223 ftr bolt gun and sons ar-15 rifles today also might break out my match ar-15 and blow the dust off of it

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Robert Mc Michael called yesterday to tell me that the Bar 3 Range in Laurel, MS. has been approved by the IBS to hold sanctioned 1000 yard matches this year. The first match is to be held the first Saturday in April. I have actually done a little work on top of the hill in prep for shooting 1000 yards. If several of you are interested in doing a little load or dope work and we could pick a date after hunting season, I would be glad to host the gathering. Comments please. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m ready, that first shoot in Mississippi is on April Fools day, just reminding lol. Mr Wynne, if doing any more work at the range let me know be glad to help out. I just wonder if Al has woke up from his nap yet,lol

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.