The Results are in the Books

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room The Results are in the Books

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The final bench rest match of the year is in the books. Please see winner photos and results on the results page. For me, the year has flown by and I am now looking forward to the final mid-range prone match to be held at Reese Bottom on November 15th. That will rap up the shooting until 2015. Thank you to all that shot yesterday. Lots of winners and I sure hope that everyone left happy. Josh W. won the drawing for the ‘buck knife’ and Doug P. won the first ever ‘gunny pot’. Thanks to several unnamed good shooters the ‘gunny pot’ got quite large. The weather was beautiful although the winds were a little tricky. The haints of Reese Bottom grabbed one of my bullets and took it 4 & 1/4 inches from anything{oh well] Thank you to all of you good shooters for being so willing to help get things done. Congrats to the winners and to the rest of us, better luck next time. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Well done Mr Wynne. I observed smiles on lots of faces, and that’s what it’s all about.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As always, I had a blast. Now waiting on November 15th. See you all then. I hope to have Gunny’s tube gun up and running by then.

Mike Reekie
      Participant

We sure saw some fine shooting at the October 600 yd match. Steve Gilley is amazing. He must know something about reading the conditions, especially the wind, that few others know. Maybe he will share some of that knowledge. I tried to center my shots on the plate, then hit mostly tens ( perhaps x’s) at the sighter target (bottom). Once that happened, I just shot my string as quickly as I could, but my scores were very poor with good elevation, but poor horizontal strings that were not consistently off to the same downwind side of the center. I know I was holding dead center with my crosshairs, but some went left, some went right. Few found the center. Most of Steve’s hits were right on. Well, congratulations to all who were able to cipher the wind that Saturday. I will keep trying. See you in November.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.