The Breeze was Blowing!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room The Breeze was Blowing!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Last weekend at Reese Bottom during the 3rd relay there appeared to be a gusty breeze that reared its ugly head and seemed to catch several of you good shooters off guard. I would love to hear how many of you missed it or if you noticed it how you held for it. The scores during the 3rd relay seemed to be lower in most cases. Thanks, WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

i held off putting the cross hairs on the number 10 when it picked up it still got me a few times i noticed me and the shooter next to me were gotten the same time on a few shots

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think Jimmy was shooting when that breeze came. I was spotting and warned him that it was running hard right/left. After a few minutes it switched to a slight left/right. Cost him an 8 ring! It would be nice to wait it out on something like this but you don’t know how long it’s going to blow! This makes the game interesting! Thanks Wynne for hosting a great season of shooting. Every year new records are shot at Reese Bottom!

Jeff Fish
      Participant

I felt like I was trying to hold off most of the day (and could be the reason I didn’t do so hot). Most of my shots where drifting right. The more I tried to adjust the crazier the patterns got. Seems that I still haven’t quite figured the wind out at Reese Bottom. The weekend before I saw a slight breeze and didn’t have much issue at a more open range. Reese Bottom is special and will fool you on how that wind is acting that far down. I just need trigger time to work all those kinks out! 🙂

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Jeff, speaking of crazy winds. It has been mentioned in my presence that a right to left wind at Reese Bottom could possibly bounce off of the trees to the left and really throw the shooter a curve. Anyone else have thoughts on this possibility? WWE

Jeff Fish
      Participant

I could see where the treeline might create a “swirl” effect from a right to left wind and believe that happened at the match. It even makes its way into the pits coming “over the top” of the dirt mount. When you can feel a strong breeze like that down in a hole, I am sure it is wreaking havoc up above. That’s why we saw some people working on clean targets have a slip-up on their third relay. It definitely adds a new element to competitive shooting i.m.o.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.