Swainsboro

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Swainsboro

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Gilley and Echols have arrived in Swainsboro. Six hour uneventful ride towards a hurricane. Arrived after the rain. A few limbs down around town. Passed lots of Alabama Power trucks headed this way. Shooting starts tomorrow morning at 9 am. Approx 85 shooters shooting 3 relays per day. Will try to post our results tomorrow night. Shoot straight, WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

You men have fun and uphold the reputation of the Reese Bottom shooters!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Al, it was a tough day for the guys from Reese Bottom. I cannot figure it out for sure. The first 10 shot group was well centered with 7 in the blue, but a 12 + group. The next 5 shot relay two grouped with three together and the other two together 8″ lower. Late this afternoon I had 10 shots go straight up and down for 22 inches. Steve was pleased but for one bullet that got away from the other 9 by 10″. Other than that one bullet, Steve was okay with his first time shooting 1000 from the benches. Lots of interesting stuff. Started at 9 am and got done after 6 tonight. Long day and looking for a better day tomorrow. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Keep the faith and hang in there. You will do better!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, the IBS stamped Gilley and Echols, non-competitive, packaged them up and sent them home to west Alabama. Enjoyed the event, very well run, really nice range, and lots of fine people. I took some photos and will get them up soon. Thanks Steve, for putting up with me for a couple of days. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

I saw some light gun results that showed a rookie shooting a 1.8 something group at 1000. WOW!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Yes, very impressive. Mr. Stroup shoots with the guys at Brock’s Gap in B’ham. ‘Rookie’ is somewhat misleading, re. Steve Gilley. I’ll add a little amazement to this feat in a day or so. WWE

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Wynne Echols.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.