##Something a Little Different##

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room ##Something a Little Different##

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom hopes that all of you good shooters had a wonderful holiday season, maybe got some new stuff, or cleaned up your old stuff. Anyway, a new season is almost upon us. I noticed that Mr. Collins says that he is going to have to locate his rifle. Sure hope everybody finds everything in good, clean working order.

My son-in-law is helping me add a column or two to the scoring spreadsheet and this coming year, at the bench rest matches, Reese Bottom is going to crown ‘an over all winner’ for each division. How will you be the ‘over all winner’? We are creating a formula that will allow the spreadsheet to rate the ‘group’ winners and the ‘score’ winners and by giving the ‘group’ winner a little more weight, we will crown ‘the over all winner’ For example, lets say shooter #1 aggs small group[1st] and comes in 2nd in total score and shooter #2 finishes 2nd in group agg and 1st in total score, then shooter #1 is ‘over all winner’ because he or she finished higher in agg avg. If the same shooter wins both agg and score then they are of course the ‘over all winner’ but lets say a shooter shoots a very small group agg but the wind blows it out in the 5 ring for a low score, then a larger group with a lot higher score could possibly be ‘over all winner’ Now that is a lot of trying to explain so trust me to make it work. Hope to see many of you at the match in February. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

If I understand you correctly Pascagoula does something like that but on a score board manually. I have won first place overall on two occasions by having the smallest group and the highest score!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Steve, good to hear from you and glad to see that you made the trip to Pascagoula. You should have a leg up on us cold weather boys. The whole idea behind the ‘overall winner’ is to just try to do something a little different. I have noticed the results from several larger shoots where a shooter that shoots fairly well in both group and score can come from back in the pack to be crowned ‘overall champion’. I do see where it is going to be harder to make much of a difference with only a few shooters in each class. We’ll watch it and see where is goes. Hope to see you soon and don’t forget, I still have that mile staked off. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let me know when the deer hunters are out and it is dry enough. I’m ready to give it a try.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.