September is Mid Range Prone Match Month

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room September is Mid Range Prone Match Month

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, I think it has been April since we last shot a mid range prone match. Looking forward to loading up the .223 and tackling the FTR boys. Looking forward to seeing some different faces for a change. The match is not sanctioned, but we try to keep it as close as possible. 3 X 20 X 600 yards with 7 sighters for 1st relay, and 2 each for relay 2 and 3 = 71 total shots possible. Please arrive by 8 am so that we can get everyone squaded and be shooting by 9 am. We will have F-Open, FTR, and we will have an Open Bench Class. $10 per gun with all funds paid to the good shooters. Please bring your own drinks and snacks and plan to eat on the go. Once we start, we will keep things moving and everyone will be expected to pull pit duty. I have not checked on things at the 600 yard berm lately. It will probably take a chain saw to cut down the Johnson grass.

Steve Gilley and I are headed to the IBS 1000 yard Nationals in Swainsboro, Ga. this weekend. Prep for this has been interesting, to say the least. I could write a book. Maybe later. Took several days for me to figure out that a limb was interfering with the bullet flight about 2/3 the way to the target. Must say, that I have had a bait of shooting and going to see what happened. 1000 yards is a long way. Not sure if the folks in Georgia will post anything, if interested google Cool Acres Shooting. Anyway, I’m going with what I have. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Wynne, you and Steve could be our on scene reporters in GA.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Al, I will try. Taking the Ipad. It is an Apple product and wordpress is not fond of it. Things may be upside down, but we will try. Troubling to leave home in the sunshine and ride towards a hurricane. My little 105 gn bullet might end up a couple of targets over. WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

looking forward to shoot out there again hoping to bring a few

Mr. Wynne good luck to you and Steve Gilley in Swainsboro.

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Mr Wynne if possible I have a target vision target camera I would like to try out when we shoot the match it is suppose to be good for 1 mile I know it works out to 300 but that’s as far as I have to shoot .

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Larry, I will try to make this work. Is this something you want to set up during the match, or after. If you are talking about after the match, we can even take it up on the hill and see what it does to 1000 yards. I will do what ever, just do not want it to disrupt the match. I am interested in seeing how well it works. WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

After no need to have during the match since you have pits I just want one see how far it will work today we could see the 223 holes as they were shot at 300

Larry Linneman
      Participant

So far it’s me plus 1 trying to get some new shooters out there

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.