September 2016 Mid Range Prone Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room September 2016 Mid Range Prone Results

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Please be advised that the results from the match today are up on the ‘Results’ page. Twenty one good shooters today experienced a little rain delay, but all in all had a fun day of shooting. I am attaching the only photos that were taken today. Sorry. Click to enlarge. Thanks for coming. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Enjoyed the match yesterday. Thanks for helping me get logged back in to the site.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve, good to see you on the forum again. All that I did was reset the password. I did all of that on my Ipad. Great shooting yesterday and I hope that you will keep us filled in on the progress of your next match in LA. Good luck and we all look forward to having a possible ‘high master’ shooting with us country boys at Reese Bottom. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, I was informed after the match yesterday that the rain shower that soaked us in the pits stalled at the 400 yard target and gave the shooters time to run for cover. Goes to show that 600 yards is a long way and life often catches you at the wrong end of the range. Several first time shooters yesterday. Amazing to see how well they can all shoot and I sure was pulling for Sarah to beat Ben[a husband wife thing] Melissa is also pushing Mark. A great bunch of shooters come to Reese Bottom and yesterday several of us enjoyed close camaraderie in the target shed. Lots of weight and smell were noticed. Good job guys and if it had not been for ‘Champion Sniper’, we would have never got to hear “pull two”. Thanks for coming, WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

I want photos of those who had sense enough to get out of the rain!

Ben’s wife would probably beat him if he would buy her a left handed rifle.😇

Larry Linneman
      Participant

Had a great time as usual shooting at Reese bottom great people and skilled shooters I definitely have to bring my a game when I shoot with y’all. Me and corey talked about it all the way back to millbrook (got back at 5:30 pm ) still can’t figure out what was up with corey’s scope adjustment it has never been off we are going to re-chrono this weekend to see if his fps has changed.
      Wynne asked me to let y’all know about the other places I shoot at and it got me thinking we should start a topic in which we can tell where we shoot what matches they hold and how it is run aka pros and cons . This way if someone is looking for a place to shoot they can try one of these other places out and know how it is run

Well it looks like the good old time tested .308 Winchester had the most rifles shooting in the match. When I can get my hands on some of the new Berger’s 200 20X I’m going to try them in my rifle hoping they will shoot and up my scores.

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Lemme tell yall, I begged that woman to let me buy her a left handed rifle! She said she had learned to shoot right and she wanted to stay with it. I even went as far as to get her a left port right eject as a compromise lol.

She had me on the ropes that first round and I aint gonna lie I was sweating. All in all we had a great time and look forward to shooting the next F-class match. I learned a lot about my gear and things that could improve my scores (number 1 item being prone practice). Ordered her a new rear bag as well as one for myself. That seemed to be one of my biggest issues getting the stock up high enough in the rear. Now I need to fabricate us some Mirage shields and save some money for her a front rest.

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

and next month Ill make sure she doesn’t forget the cookies lol

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.