Sept 10th 1000 yard match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Sept 10th 1000 yard match

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Is anyone planning on going to the 1000 yard match on Saturday Sep 10th at Bar 3 in Laurel, MS? I was interested in going and just wanted some info from people who may have been there or plan on going. Should be a good place to let the 300 stretch its legs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ben it is a nice place. I shot the 600 Sat. Don’t know if I will make the Sept.1000 because Wynne and I are going to the 1000 yd Benchrest Nationals Friday. If you go you will enjoy it. The wind is a little tricky due to the tree line formation but I guess that’s true everywhere!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Ben, I would contact the range before I went. This is advertised as an F Class Match. I would assume 70 something shots and most ranges do not allow a rifle with a muzzle break. Not sure, but I thought your rifle had a break. Forgive me if I am wrong. Shoot straight. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes Ben it is a sanctioned F class match and no breaks are allowed. Shooting prone they tend to blow dirt on the other shooters! I shot a 300 Wsm in a couple F class matches and 70 rounds is rough on body without the break!

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

When I first looked at the website it was just a 1000 yard challenge day, then it swapped to F-Class like you all said. I will steer clear of that until I get this new .308 up and running. The wife should be able to play ball with her 6br since she shoots the 105 hybrids at a high rate of speed.

Guess ill just work on some load development over the weekend! Thanks for the info

Looks like Chase and I have plans on going to Mississippi to shoot the 1000 F-Class. I had a talk with Mr. Nick at the range about the weight limit on a FTR rifle the limit is 18.15lbs and mine has a weight of 19lbs or better on the bathroom scales, he said that’s not a problem because they don’t weight rifles on their monthly matches. He said bring my rifle and enjoy the match so looks like I have a trip to make to Bar 3 and just hope I can hit the paper at 1000. I’ve got to go to see Britt Jones this weekend and I think I’ll take my FTR and my bench gun and get a true weight on both.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.