Seb Joy-Pod

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Seb Joy-Pod

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Please, do not let any of this discourage anyone from attending the next F Class match at Reese Bottom. Received a new Seb Joy-Pod F Class front rest for the .223 this week. I had seven rounds left in the box from last month’s prone match so I took all of the stuff to the range Saturday morning to try it out. (picture included) Put a target up at 200 yards and shot all seven, pretty sure that they would have all been in the ‘X’ ring at 600 yards but there is no way to really tell.

Steve Gilley had talked earlier about having to buy an adapter to make the rest fit his rifle so I ordered one ahead of time. Turns out that the thing fit right onto my rifle stock(have a blackhawk adapter for sale)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks good.

Anonymous
        Inactive

How much weight does this bipod add? Can’t tell if it is aluminum or stainless. If stainless, the weight should help minimize barrel movement during recoil by holding the front end down as a result. This theoretically should help accuracy…..right? Sounds good anyway….lol

Dennis Gray
      Participant

Hey Wynne, How much for the adapter. I have had my seb pod for about a month. Steve is ordering us one, but fig I could prob use another.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How do y’all like the joy pod and where can you get one?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Lance, Ernie Bishop, Wyoming, is the dealer here in the states. Mine was about a nine month wait time. I have shot a few shots over mine, it seems very stable. Plan to shoot it this month in the prone match. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been practicing with it and really like it. I will use it in the upcoming match and see how well it works.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If any of you decide you want to sell one or know someone who does I would be interested

Al Barr
      Participant

Wynne and Steve; did you folks shoot the SEB Pod in this weekend’s prone match?

If you did, I sure would like hear your thoughts, observations and opinions.
      Al

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Al, I did use the new Seb Joy Pod during the match yesterday. The wider footprint of the rest is very stable and I personally like a joy stick. I also shoot my bench gun on a coaxial rest. I will also say that I think along with some other adjustments that I felt a lot more comfortable shooting from the prone position yesterday. I will admit that I put more effort into this match than I am accustomed to doing. I mounted my scope on higher rings and adjusted the stock to a shorter length so that I could lay at a little angle behind the rifle and still chamber the rounds with no trouble at all. Be advised that Dan Gunter also shot on a new wider bi-pod that he got from Steve Gilley and he was very pleased with the results. Several companies are making similar products, each to their on.
        ps: for sale: some stock adjustment. Hope to see you soon. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks Wynne. That is informative.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also used the Joy Pod Sat. and really like it. I have been using it on a couple of my guns here at my home range and have shot some really good groups with it. It is very stable but has a very wide foot print. One leg is very close to edge when shooting from a table. The rough adjustments on the legs work good and the joy stick is very smooth. Great rest for prone shooting!

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks for the report Steve.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.