Scoring Question

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Scoring Question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I have been asked the question of how does the Reese Bottom spreadsheet determine the ‘Score Winner’ when there is a tie. Unlike F-Class shooting where ties are broken by the highest ‘X’ count, I have elected to let the tie be broken by the smallest group of those with a tie score. I found an example of this from this past weekend at Reese Bottom. In the Open Bi-pod division Brett Collins and Doug Pugh tied for high score and Doug had the most ‘X’s but because Brett had the smaller agg avg, the program crowned Brett the score winner. Click the photo below to enlarge and see what I am referring to. Brent and Eric had the same score in the mechanical division and Brent finished higher than Eric because he had shot a smaller agg avg. If any of you good shooters ever have a question, please ask me and if I do not know the answer, I promise that I will find out. WWE

Jeff Fish
      Participant

That’s some dang good shootin!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am going to bring this topic back to the top of forum. No one has commented on the Reese Bottom scoring system lately so I assume everyone has a good understanding of what the computer program is doing. If not, please ask. We are banking that there will never be a tie in a division agg avg. There are always ties in the high scores so a tie breaker was applied to the program that will determine that a tie for score is broken by the smallest agg avg.[199-1.012 beats 199-1.013] The over all winners at Reese Bottom must shoot small groups in the center of the target for high scores. A good shooter will always want his agg avg rank and his score rank to be a low number[1 + 1 will always win] Just always remember that small group sizes carry a big stick. A good illustration from this past weekend is in the mechanical division results. Jared finished 2nd in agg avg and 8th in score for a total of 10 and Wynne finished 5th in agg avg and 5th in score for a total of 10 but the program ranked Jared ahead of Wynne because his agg avg rank was lower. Sorry if I bore anyone with this, but I just want to be sure that everyone understands how we do things. WWE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.