Pet loads for 6 Dasher

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Pet loads for 6 Dasher

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Barr
      Participant

Anyone care to share their favorite load in 6 Dasher?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Mr. Al, I suggest that you watch the new video up on the home page. This subject is actually mentioned. I now have two dashers and they do not appear to be kin to one another. The older rifle has 500+ rounds through it and the new rifle has 5 clean and shoot rounds down the barrel. A very light load in the older rifle showed pressure signs in the new rifle but a final load developement is no where near complete. Mr. Gardner and I shot the older rifle last week at Reese Bottom in 60* temps. At 500 yards the rifle shot very well with lapua brass, CCI 450 primers, 105 VLD Bergers, and 33 gns. Varget. This load chronographed between 3000 and 3010 fps. Mr. Gardner says that many of the good shooters at the PA1000 Yard agree that there seems to be a dasher node just above 3000 fps. A few other things that we observed: we loaded all the way to 34.2 before we saw significant pressure; Mr. Gardner’s dasher needed 33.7 gn of his Varget to achieve similar velocities; 32.8 of my Varget showed pressure in the new rifle. I hope this will help but please watch the video, they are all different. I know that several of the forum members shoot dashers and I hope they will tell it all. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks Wynne; how about your case forming loads?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Mr. Al, I shot an old BR load to fire form(30.1 Varget) but would maybe inch up a couple of tenths to 30.3 or so. The second firing I shot 32.4 Varget but would probably go to 33 if I had to redo it. Took me three firings to get a sharp shoulder. Maybe someone else could give you some other ideas. I am hearing a rumor that bullets.com has contracted with lapua to make them some dasher brass. If so might be worth the wait. Good luck, WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Bullets.com has a contract with Norma for 500,000 rounds of dasher brass,expected in late summer.DJ’s brass service will hydroform your brass for a fee,I think it’s $50 per hundre

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Lance, good to hear from you and hope to see you soon. From my experience, DJ’s service would be a outstanding bargain at $50 per 100. WWE

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.