ok tell me about F class

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room ok tell me about F class

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

Alright after getting my feet wet at my 1st. Bench rest match last week I’m looking for to my 1st. ever F class match next month. I’ve never even watch a F class match so I’m clueless. Basically all I know is it’s shot from the prone position and after looking at pictures the bipod set on your mat ,on the ground I have seen picture were a separate mat was used for the bipod and I guess a rear bag is used. Anything or tips I need to know along these lines?
      Mr. Wynne said it would be a 60 round match looking at match results its shows 3 different targets so is it 20 round per target? Timed? How long? How long between targets? Do you shoot all 60 rounds before leaving the line?
      From watching Mr. Wynne’s video I see they raise and lower the targets please explain what this is all about. Do you get any sighter shots?
      Ok people say they read this forum don’t let the cat get your tongue speck up type away. I’m not asking for your winning secrets. Just trying learn how this match operates.
      jrs

Brent
      Participant

Ok here is the short version. FOPEN ( any caliber, mechanical rest) FTR 308 or 223 bipod only with rear bag, everyone will have a turn at shooting scoring and pulling targets. While shooting you will have sighters 5-10, then 20 rounds for record 17 min to shoot them. You will see most of the setups at the BR match at the FCLASS match. Hope this helps

brett collins
      Participant

what brent said
      and I will I add that in f class you are shooting for score not group size however the X ring is 1/2 MOA and 10 ring is 1 MOA so a perfect score would be 600 and the X count is the tiebreaker so all you have to do is shoot sub MOA and that’s easier said than done

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Thanks Brent that’s a start. So are you saying the only thing you can shoot with Bipod is a 308 0r 223 So if I shot my 6BrX I would shoot with mechanical rest guys? LOL I also see a F class open and a open B

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard, you will be fine. Just look at the upcoming match as a completely different type of shooting discipline. It is a slow fire competition where the shooter is trying to determine what affect the condition will have on the bullet and lob each round into the ‘X’ ring. Shooters go to the line three different times to shoot twenty record rounds during each relay. Limited sighter shots before each relay. Your BRX would shoot in the Open Class. You will end up paired with another shooter that will be able to give you all the help you ever need. Show up, take deep breath, and squeeze trigger. The committee pairs the shooters and they have a reputation of doing a good job. lol WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Thank you Mr. Wynne for your vote of confidents something I can always use
      Anytime I do something new I always try to learn as much as I can before hand
      And not act like I just fell off the turnip wagon. So “the committee” decide who to punish by putting him with the “new guy” lol .I guess there with be a “Pit boss” to keep straight on that part of the match
      Sounds like this will be a all days match. Mr. Allen has put in his order for a Blackberry cobbler I think my wife can handle that.
      Looking forward to next month
      jrs

Al Barr
      Participant

Blackberry cobbler, blackberry cobbler, no one mentioned blackberry cobbler! If the “committee” approves my PC request; blackberry cobbler would be a “sweet” incentive.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Mr. Al good lord willing and Reese Botton creek don’t rise Blackberry cobber will be there

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.