October Bench Rest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room October Bench Rest Match

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Reese Bottom will host the last bench rest match of 2015 on Saturday October 17, 2015. Please plan to arrive by 8 am so that we can get registered and hopefully be shooting by 9 am. A shooter may shoot two different rifles for a fee of $10 each and all fees will be paid to the different winners. Rifles will be divided into the usual three divisions. I will have a few snacks and drinks. Four record targets, all at 600 yards. The course of fire will be: 5 minutes of unlimited sight in shots at 10″ plates; go to 2 minutes of sighters at a sight in target with each shot spotted with a disk; then go straight to record target; after two targets, take stuff down. Each shooter will go to the line twice. Shooters will also have to work in the pits, but nothing like an F-Class match. Reese Bottom is hoping to have better prizes for each target for each division with the 4th target being the ‘Gunny Pot’.
      2015 IBS ‘Long Range’ “Shooter of the Year”, Robert “Mississippi” McMichael has committed to shooting this match. His bullets usually fly several feet over a 600 yard target, but he thinks that if he tightens up his necks and dumps a little powder, he will do okay. Plan to come and see how you stack up against a national shooter. Reese Bottom will take “Mississippi’s” smallest group size and will pay any shooter that shoots a smaller target group $10 per target. Just trying to keep the ‘bottom’ non-profit fellows.
      Need to know how many want to stay later and shoot a .22 match. Would like to have at least 8 or 10. If anyone has questions, contact me, otherwise I hope to see many of you good shooters on the 17th. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Wynne, is there going to be four ten shot groups, or four five shot targets?

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Sorry, 4 – 5 shot targets. 20 record rounds. Thanks for mentioning this. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Should be a great match. 4 of us are coming from down south. I’m sure there will be some outstanding groups shot! I will ask them if they want to stay for the 22 match afterwards.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not sure if I can make it 🙁 my schedule is always in question…
      I really hate to miss this one. And miss talking to the many fine folks I’ve come to know there.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.