Richard Slaton
      Participant

Oct. 19 F class match report

Goals for this match:
      Have fun: check! That’s easy at Reece Bottom
      Shoot a clean rely: 199 close but no cigar
      Shoot in the 590’s : check 594
      Try something new: I tried a couple of things this match
      1st. aiming point: I always felt the more defined aiming point I have the better I shot.
      For the past year I’ve been using a modified “6 o’clock hold” with offsetting scope dope. But for the different targets, conditions and my .25 MOA scope I was never happy and was confusing myself LOL. Sat. I decided to go back to point of aim. Normally for the E targets I shoot 11.5 for the modified 6 o’clock hold Sat. I dropped to 11.25 and held best I could dead center 1st. 3 sighters best I remember were 10’s (well look at you LOL). Using this I was able to slightly adjust my aiming point for the conditions and post my best F Class score ever 594. Now if all this rambling confesses you that was my intent.
      2nd. How I address the gun: over the years I have lined the gun more in line with my shooting shoulder and I eye during the Aug. F class match I decided to more center my body and rest my shooting elbow on a elevated bag I think right now this is working “more better” I’m going to try it in the next BR match.
      The match:
      This was my 4th F class match and was a good day for me!
      The weather blessed us and people like me were able to enjoy all the hard work Mr. Wynne and others have done to make this a fun and relaxing place to shoot.
      Relay 1: when I went to the line the wind seemed to be blowing right to left so I added 1 click right windage. as I stated above I was trying a few new things and as stated my 3 sighters were all 10’s which was a confidence builder followed by the 1st. 7 shots of 4 tens and 3 X’s shot 8 was a NINE which I knew when the shot broke that was all on me finished that 10 shot string with another 10 and X for a 99
      Second string 1st. three all X’s then 10,X,10,10 and again on the 8 th. Shot NINE didn’t see this one coming so not sure what happen another 10 shot string of 99 for a 198 on the 1st. relay and I feeling good.
      Relay #2 3 sighters 10 and two X’s feeling real good 1st. two shots of the string 10,10 then a NINE?? Finish that string with 10’s and X’s 99. Next string of relay: 4 tens and 6 X’s for a 199 with 9X! I’m getting a little excited!
      Well after a Fat boy lunch it’s time for the final relay but things did not go as hoped 1st. two sighters were NINE’s bubble buster! After a talk with myself next 3 were 2 10’s and a X. The 1st. 10 shot string was a roller coaster 1st. 4 shots 3 ten’s and an X followed by double nine’s 3 more ten’s and a third nine Bubble is deflating. For a 1st. Ten shot 97. Time for another talk to self I came here hoping to bust 590
      With ten shots left I’m still in the hunt so suck it up butter cup and finish strong.
      Bam 10,X,10,10,X10,X,10,10,X for a 197 for the relay and a 594 22 X’s for the match! Not only was this a new high score for me but a big improvement on my X count
      Placing 3rd. in Open like I said I had a very good day. I’m still a work in progress but with the help of the good shooters at Reese Bottom I’m slowly getting we’re I can somewhat run with the big dogs

Interesting data
      This Fclass match my avg. at target Velocity was 25 FPS faster than August match and my SD was 9 FPS lower
      My phone app says I should be running 1833 fps @ 600 Shot marker said I avg. 1866
      Looking forward to the next match @ the Bottom’s
      jrs

Kenneth Thomas
      Participant

Thanks Mr. Wynne, I believe concentration is the name of the game, paying more attention to detail will get you higher scores, look at mine, last relay.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Looks like you got back in okay. I think you learned that the first bullet in a relay counts also. Good shooting. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Congrats on the good shooting and thanks for the report each month. Sure wish more of our good shooters would follow suit. Hey, I always thought one had to have a long barrel. lol. Be sure and tell the Mrs. that we all enjoyed the cobbler. WWE

brett collins
      Participant

KENNETH is spot on about concentration.
      and I would add having a game plan and patients. I lost focus on my patience and got in a rush and it cost me.
      that’s why i love shooting f-class so much. because you are always thinking about what you are doing. and now i’m pondering on what I didn’t do.
      I need to remember what Mr.WYNNE always says (take your time and shoot well)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.