New Idea !!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New Idea !!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I would like to create a new “Rule of Understanding” to be applied to all matches held at Reese Bottom. This is in response to a situation that I recently ran into. If you plan to shoot at Reese Bottom in the future and have a pro or con, I am willing to listen. Otherwise, the committee of ‘one’ has ruled. The intent here is to let the shooter, or rifle, determine the outcome, not a technicality. As everyone is aware, Reese Bottom is going to use the Shotmarker E-Target system to both measure and score all matches. Here is the ‘Rule of Understand’ that each shooter is asked to agree to before entering a match at Reese Bottom. When a good shooter fires a shot toward the Shotmarker System and the system sensors do not record the shot and if it is determined that there has not been a crossfire onto another shooter’s target, the good shooter that fired the shot will be allowed to refire that shot. The good shooter is responsible for his crossfire, but not for a system error. We are not going to fret over this. Nor are we going to try to determine what happened. This is intended for single shots that for one reason or another, are not recorded. Remember that we already have an understanding that if the third straight bullet fired does not register, that rifle is DQ’ed for the day. This will affect an outcome in the future and when it does, remember that we all agreed ahead of time. Again, pros or cons are welcomed. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

What happens to a fired shot that does not register? Maybe it hits a bird in flight, or knat, or bee, or simply blows up in flight, or maybe Shotmarker misses for one reason or another. We will never know nor care. If determined that there was not a crossfire, the shooter will be allowed to shoot a replacement shot. The Shotmarker system allows all the shooters to stay close to the firing line which allows several shooters to be aware of what has happened. Remember, come to out shoot me, be kind while outshooting me, and be friendly to all that choose to shoot at Reese Bottom. WWE

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Wynne Echols.
      brett collins
      Participant

my question is with the new e-target set up how does one crossfire You have that big number sitting on the top left corner of the target even at 60 power the number is still visible in my scope before when the targets were stacked side-by-side I could see how a crossfire would be very easy to make

what’s my point i don’t have one
      rant over

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Recoil and when we ever get to 1000 Reese Bottom is going to throw you a curve as I think the numbers are top right. WWE

brett collins
          Participant

lol and i know that i will be the next one to do it

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.