New 300 yd range

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room New 300 yd range

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Thomas L. Webb
      Participant

I have completed my new 300 yd range and would like some advice about the target frame stand and bench set up. Please give my all of your thoughts.
      Thomas

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thomas, when Ad and I went to Birmingham with Wynne they had a pretty nice set up with a target frame and a metal gong you could hang one it. I will take some pictures at the July shoot up there because Ad and I plan on going. Their target are moveable and removable, if that’s what you are looking for. If you want something permanent, Wynne’s set up is perfect. 4×4’s, 2×4’s, plywood and the rubber mats from Tractor Supply.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thomas, I am proud for you and am sure that you will enjoy shooting at your new range. You will have several decisions to make as far as the set up. Much of it will depend on whether or not you want things to be permanent or portable. One thing that I have noticed lately at Reese Bottom is that these new ‘tube guns’ need a longer bench top than what we have.(min. of 42″) The concrete tables are very stable, but the Steve Gilley bench works very well and I have heard you say that you enjoy shooting from it. The top on it is 48″. As for the target backers, once you decide what you want, I will be glad to offer my 2 cents. Not sure that you have ever noticed the PVC target backer behind shooting shed but it works well and is very versatile. A concrete block will anchor it down. Good Luck with your decisions. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thomas, I have tried several different designs. I will try to take and post some pics of them. I have all mine portable. Some by hand and others with tractor forks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

A few pics of different targets.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pics file too large will try again.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.