Most important fundamental or tip for great shooting!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Most important fundamental or tip for great shooting!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Ok good shooters I propose a question to you. Feel free to answer in a few or as many words as possible. What in your opinion is the most important aspect to great shooting? (Examples: reloading/breathing/optics/trigger squeeze)

Let’s hear it!! Please list your most important, even though I know there are a million variables.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I’ll say. For me, consistent reloading techniques. I try hard but my efforts often create problems that unfortunately are not discovered until shooting begins at the match. Let’s see, I have mashed bullets out of their personality, flaired the end of brass so that it would not chamber, let wax get to the powder and form a glob, and now I think that I am really having a problem with consistent neck tension. Hopefully I can continue to learn from past mistakes, correct most of them along the way, and continue to enjoy our sport for many more years. WWE

Al Barr
      Participant

Consistency every step of the way. If you change something; change one thing at a time and record your results. Learn to follow through and call your shots. This is best learned in practice, with a helper to either spot shots or pull and mark your targets.

brett collins
      Participant

I believe one of the most important tools in Percision shooting is the mental game you can have a great rifle and the best scope and may have taken hours and days working up the ultimate load then show up for a match and do just terrible maybe the Wind changed directions it may be too hot or cold or maybe you had someone like Ben shooting next to you with a 300 WIN MAG with a muzzle brake blowing your hat off either way you cannot just show up and pull on a trigger and expect to do well

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Good consistent reloading. Pay attention to details in the process of loading. I have found that staying on my gun for the whole 20 rounds in F class helps also. This keeps body and gun on shoulder in same position through the relay.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.