Memorial Day

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Memorial Day

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

We encourage each of you to pause at some point today and reflect upon the true meaning of Memorial Day and what it truly means for each of us. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree! I have talked to several people today about the number of military people that have died so that we can have the freedoms that we enjoy every day!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Like the song says
      ALL GAVE SOME
      AND SOME GAVE ALL

GOD BLESS AMERICA…Everyone enjoy their day and be safe.

Mike Reekie
      Participant

I believe it was 1952 when my cousin, Billy Bennett, about 21 years old, came by the house in his Army Jeep and showed us its power and abilities to run over small trees, make tight turns, go through mud, etc… He was proud to represent our country. He went to Korea and was killed within the first two weeks. That was the only time I saw my Uncle George cry. I was only 11 then and I figured the same thing would probably happen to me. I just hoped I could face it bravely like Billy did. I was never drafted and never served. If something like Pearl Harbor (I was christened on that very day) had happened in my eligible years then I would have volunteered like my Dad did. I pray daily for our troops and believe we should honor them in every way we can, including medical and psychological help, etc…. God bless them all!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.