May Bench Rest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room May Bench Rest Match

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thanks to the fourteen good shooters who came to the May match this morning. It was nice having two youth shooters today. They got to witness a Reese Bottom first. We had our first bench rest ‘clean target’. That is five shots and no bullet holes. Somebody said that clean targets were only in F-Class, but I now disagree. For those looking for the results, a couple of things. The Mrs. had me take her out for dinner tonight and I need the son in law to tweek the program a little bit. I will try to get things up by tomorrow night. Keep them on the paper, WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The results are now up on the ‘Results’ page. Things are a little different because I could not get the new information to stack like it used to. Everything on the page is a photo so click to enlarge. I also published a couple more groups of random photos on the ‘Photo’ page. Good to see everyone yesterday. Please promote our shoots and encourage others to come. The committee was unfair not counting my five shot group at 400 yards. It appeared quite small, but it was in the post holding up the backer not on the target. Next month I plan to bring a big rock in my right pocket. Keep ‘um on the paper. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

For information purposes only: targets 401 and 501 were 5 shot targets and targets 402 and 502 were 10 shot targets. Also, the new overall scoring system gives more weight to the group size than it does to the score total.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Looking over the results this morning, I notice that a couple of scores on the mechanical 500 yard targets got reversed. They are correct, but in the wrong column, and should not change the totals at all. There are a couple of blanks in some ‘X’ columns which should have been ‘0’. First bench match of the year and I was a little rusty in more ways than one. Keep ‘um on the paper. WWE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.