March 2019 Bench Rest Match

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room March 2019 Bench Rest Match

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, the bottom got re wetted today. This weather is getting to be something. Please pray for the families that lost loved ones from the storms earlier today in east Alabama. Please remember that we will be shooting from the benches again this month. The guns will be divided as always and the match will be similar to the match last month. We will plan to shoot 30 record rounds this month. A five shot target and a ten shot target at both 300 yards and 500 yards. The match will be on March 16, 2019 so please arrive by 8 am and we will be shooting by 9 am. I will have some food and a few drinks and we will also have small prizes for small groups as usual. We will declare the ‘Gunny Pot’ to be the five shot target at 500 yards.[fewer bullets] Hope to see many of you good shooters on the 16th and do as Richard has and invite others to show up. We need a few more shooters to make the three divisions more competitive. Thanks, WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Can’t wait to shoot! Hopefully we will have some folk that have not been lately along with new faces. I think my sweetie is going to make some sweet treats for all the skinny shooters
      Jrs

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thanks Richard, got me thinking. Anybody got any good deer sausage or something else good we could put on the grill for lunch? WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Friday morning, the day before report. It flooded here yesterday afternoon and has rained a little this morning. I’m thinking the creek probably got over the shooting tables. Will check this morning. The weather channel app says it is about over and out of here. We will plan to go forward with the match as planned. It will be very wet and slippery so plan accordingly. Hope to see many of you tomorrow. Please try to arrive by 8 am. to give us time to get things up and running.

ps. lunch will be as usual since we had no offers

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Got all my “stuff” rounded up and ammo loaded looking forward to a day with the Reese Bottom crew

Phillip Boykin
      Participant

Thank you, Wynn! I’m back in the site. Had a good time today as usual. It was an awesome turnout by a great group of guys! Looking forward to the next time out. Safe and happy shooting!!!

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Phillip, glad you got logged on and look forward to hearing from you. I can only imagine that little brother was hard to ride home with today but something tells me that you can handle things. Ya’ll represent the other side of the line very well. Thanks for coming. WWE

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.