Let Us Know!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Let Us Know!!

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I am interested to hear from the Gabriel Creek Steel Match yesterday. Come on fellows, the good, the bad, and the ugly. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well, we had five people in a shoot off. Steve Gilley, Brent Kieth, Whitney Keith,Addison Gunter, Dan Gunter. Whitney shot first and hit 1 out of 5 4″x6″ plates at 500 yards. Brent hit 3 of 5, Steve hit 3 of 5, Ad pierced a primer on his first shot and screwed up his trigger, I let him shoot the tube gun, which was not dead on at 500. He missed all 5. Then I shot and missed first 2. I saw my 2nd bullet and it was just over the target. I dialed down 1/2 MOA and hit the last 3. That put Brent, Steve and Me in another shoot off. We shot a target for score at an unknown distance. Turned out to be 550 yds. 5 shots. Brent scored 50, I scored 48 and Steve scored 46. It was a fun day, except for Ad, he was down in the dumps when his gun messed up, but he got over it and talked about how much he enjoyed it too. We had 12 shooters.

It was a fun shoot and the wind was tricky I have never seen it that bad in the 5 years I’ve been shooting there.I think the top 5 done a wonderful job shooting all the way to the end of the match after the match I found out why I missed a chicken and spun a pig my windage was off I did not go back to zero after the last F-Class match this is not the first time I’ve done this.Brent Keith Dan Gunter and Steve Gilley you all three done a Great Job Shooting I hope everyone had a good time and hope to see you back soon we have almost got 780 yards up and shooting……

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Surrell, you were a victim of the ‘curse of Reese Bottom’. For three years now, you have been asked to spend all of your money on powder and bullets and do what? Always set your ??????????? Thanks for sharing what you have with others. Sounds like everyone had a fun day at the range. Sorry that I could not make this one, maybe next time. Congrats to Brent. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Surrell, it was great fun. Ad and I will be back, just let us know when.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Surrell I really enjoyed the match and the wind was bad. The little steel plates at 500 are heck to hit in that kind of wind. Great job by Brent and Dan on the last scores!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.