Lessons learned!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Lessons learned!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

It would be interesting to know if any of you good shooters learned any new tricks or information at the match yesterday. Does anyone have any thoughts on the 10 shot groups say as compared to 5 shot groups? It has been suggested in my presence several times that the shooter must get their shots off as quickly as possible to try to stay within the same condition. I would grade myself with an “F” yesterday so this is something that I plan to get better doing. After looking at my three targets and comparing the match results, I noticed that my rifle and load shot very well at 300 yards but at 400 and 500 yards it did not do as well as it had shot earlier in the week. This leads me to believe that the rifle will shoot and shoot well, but that me(the shooter)must get better with things like speed, wind and mirage reading, and bench skills. Please join in and share your experience. Thanks WWE

I can say by the time we got to the last relay I started having some brass sticking in the chamber all from being heat related and maybe shooting a sort of hot load in the new 31″ barrel 308 I can also say it shot fine until every thing started heating up.Maybe next bench rest match we could try something a little different maybe call it know your dope,shoot 5 at 100,200,300,400,and 500 with out shooting any steel sight in shots and see what our scores would look like.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Surrell, help me understand this a little better. You state above that by the time we got to the last relay, things started to happen. I assume you mean the last target because you shot all of your shots in the first relay(coolest time), which leads me to believe your issue is load/temp related. I looked at the time and the first relay took 45 minutes to shoot. Not sure how many fouler shots you shot, but these rifles should easily shoot 40 rounds in 45 minutes. As for the format mentioned above, I think benchrest is about small groups and high scores. If you would like to try to sponsor such a match on a different date, I sure would help try to pull it off and you are certainly welcome to use Reese Bottom. WWE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.