June 2018 at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room June 2018 at Reese Bottom

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I would like to remind everyone that Reese Bottom will be shooting from the benches for the months of June, July, and August. The shooters at the May prone match voted for June to be a 20 record shot match with 5 shot at 200 yards, 5 shot at 300 yards, 5 shot at 400 yards, and 5 shot at 500 yards. There will be a sight in period on plates at each distance before the record rounds. Please arrive by 8 am so that we can hopefully get things going before 9 am. $15 to shoot + $5 if interested in the ‘Gunny Pot’. We will give small prizes for small group in each division at each distance with the ‘Gunny Pot’ being the 500 yard target. We will furnish a few eats and drinks. Conecuh Sausage will be the lunch menu. Attendance has been light the last couple of months, so let me encourage those of you that have gotten a little lax to rededicate your shooting efforts. We need shooters for the matches to remain competitive.

We plan to have a 50 yard .22 rimfire match following the regular match and lunch. I would like to have at least 5 people pledge to shoot this match to make it worth while and remember new shooters are welcome. We will put up $5 and reward the winners. If you plan or know others that plan to shoot the .22 match please respond below. We will see how this plays out. Hope to see many of you on Saturday June 16, 2018. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

I’m in on the 22 match.
      Same format score and group size? What target will we shoot at?

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Richard, I hope we can get a few more that want to shoot this match. We will shoot at a 50 yard NRA target for score only. The ‘X’ is a pencil dot, 10, 9, 8 etc. 25 shots for record. What we have done in the past is set the backer at 50 yards and light 2 smug pots between the bench and target. Each shooter will have their official target and above the official target we will put a piece of white poster board with a bunch of ‘X’s’ for sight in shots. The official target also has a line of fouler targets at the top. We will give 20 to 30 minutes to shoot all you want, then retrieve the targets and hope the shooters all have one hole in each target. WWE

Doug Pugh
      Participant

I’ll be there and will shoot the .22 match also.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I hope that three of you good shooters planning to attend the match this Saturday will remember to bring your shooting stool. Also, sure would like to see more of you agree to shoot the .22 match. WWE

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Wynne Echols.

I’m coming and bringing my shooting stool after all I’ll need it to shoot my 6br……

Ron Williams
      Participant

I’ll be shooting .22 also bringing one that will be shooting .22 also. Sure hopes the weather holds out!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Please be advised that the shoot scheduled for tomorrow will go on as planned. I just took a load of stuff to the range and it is extremely wet back there. It has rained here everyday this week and according to the weather channel app it will rain at some point tomorrow. We will plan to do what the weather allows us to do so wear your rubber boots and come on. WWE

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.