July Mid Range Prone Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room July Mid Range Prone Results

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

The results for the July Mid Range Prone match are posted on the ‘Results’ page. We only had eight good shooters to show up so we all shot against one another. Everyone enjoyed a good day for shooting. The weather actually did us a favor by staying cloudy and relatively calm. Hope to see many of you in August. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hope everyone doesn’t feel that the conditions were calm, if so, I’m in trouble…lol. Great shoot today with some great guys who love our sport enough to show up and hope for the best with the weather. Turned out to be a beautiful day with a nice enough breeze to keep it from being too hot and no snakes. Hope to see you slackers at the next shoot….

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Dan, on our last trip to the pits, a big old ugly snake did crawl under the walkway but Ralph said it had a pointed tail which somehow made it harmless. Steve and I figured he knew what he was talking about. lol

Anonymous
          Inactive

We dropped a scoring disk and Surrell had to reach under the platform to get it. He was talking about a snake the whole time, glad he didn’t see it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Enjoyed the match. Was pleased with my shooting until my last 10 rounds of last relay. Totally blew it chasing the spotter. Should have known better! I have found it hard to break out from the high end of master class into the elite group of High Master shooters who maintain 98% and above. Maybe one day! Congrats to Ralph for some great shooting.

I can say this match was my personal best at Reese Bottom shooting the F-Class I was shooting a new 308 with a tactical style scope and stock looks like it worked out pretty well for me.I will soon have all set up to shoot the mechanical side of the F-Class in a short while and hoping my scores will be getting better.The weather was great for the match and I think we all had a good time shooting I could not think of anything better to do on a Saturday morning than shooting with such a good group of shooters and I would like to thank all the ones that shot the match today.I do hope to see everyone next month for the bench rest match and for us that shot this weekend lets try to end this shooting season at 100% making all the matches,So far I am at 100% and I am planning on 100% at the end of the season.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Surrell, I’m with you, I shot my personal best F class match yet with my .223. I really enjoyed everyone’s input at the end of the shoot, with everyone sharing what they saw in the condition changes and where on the range they felt the conditions were most important. The willingness of everyone to share their thoughts on mirage and wind reading has the potential to help us all. I also think I might have a slight opinion that what works for one guy, may not work the same for the next. But, the willingness of all to share their information will help us all become better shooters. That is my goal, to become as good as I can be. Not to beat you or the next guy, but to beat my last attempt and if I beat you in the process, well that’s just icing on the cake. Somebody has to win at every shoot and when it’s you, that’s just a confidence booster in my opinion and it just fuels the fire to continue. It was a wonderful day with some wonderful guys. Thanks to all who came and shared their thoughts.

Al Barr
      Participant

Somebody needs to fan ole AirBorne Ralph; he is red hot!

PS, I hope this slacker is allowed to comment; My alibi is the 14 hour drive from Texas to the range.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Well Al, you are just gonna have to tighten up….lol..just picking at those who didn’t or couldn’t make it. My drive is only about 3-4 minutes, so I had to be there. Hope you can make it next month.

Doug Pugh
      Participant

It was a calm day for a match and the scores show it. I had a great time even though it was only a few of us that made it. I do feel bad for the weather watchers that let a bum forecast keep them away from Reese bottom but that goes to show you that like us shooters the weatherman can throw a shot every now and again. Hope to see everyone at the match next month.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Doug Pugh.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.