Fun Saturday at Reese Bottom

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Fun Saturday at Reese Bottom

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Just want to say it was a fun day at the match today, glad to see all the friends shooting. Last year was my first year and I have learned a lot. Had a lot of laughs with new friends and a couple of old ones too. But mainly just wanted to tell Mr. Wynne and his wife thanks for giving us the place to have these good times with good people.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Al Barr
      Participant

Yep, there will be a special place in “Shooters Heaven” for Wynne and the rest of the folks who make the matches at Reese Bottom possible.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Wynne Echols.

Kenneth you are right it was a very fun day at Reese Bottom getting to see some of the regular shooters and some new comers……Giving thanks to Mr. Wynne is one of the most important things we can do before and after each match because if not for him and his family we would not have such a GREAT place to shoot…… Thanks again Mr. Wynne and Family for bringing us all together at Reese Bottom……

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Thanks guys for all of the kind words. Looks like I am not going to have many essays to grade. Just do not understand why so many are so hesitant to comment. I owe a public apology. Ms. Lauren mentioned to me during the match Saturday that it was Chase’s birthday and I totally forgot. Sorry, at least he got his photo on the front of this month’s random photos. Go to the photos page to see these random pictures from last Saturday. The website had lost it’s link to my Flickr account and if you look over to the photos of the most recent logons you can surely determine who fixed it. This young man is always willing to fix things for me and for that I am grateful. The results each month prove that I cannot shoot and I never claimed to be a computer tech. At sixty five I am running out of time to find my calling. March will be mid range prone match at Reese Bottom and don’t forget that I think the fellows at Gabrial Creek are shooting this weekend. Check with Surrell. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I just looked back through the photos and the thing that caught my attention is how many of you different good shooters won small group prizes. Congrats everyone. The .308/.223 division was also very competitive with a dozen or so shooters. We need to recruit us several more Open Bi-Pod shooters and the divisions would be pretty much balanced.

A little story. Back in our high school days a friend of mine went to Selma to a track meet where he was to run the 100 yard dash. That night when he got home his dad asked him how well he had done. He said dad I did well for me, I came in second. His dad then asked him how many guys ran in the race to which he answered 2. Being competitive against more people will make us all try harder. WWE

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.