Forums, Please wake up, Please!!!

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Forums, Please wake up, Please!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well it’s 2017 now and one of my hopes is that all of you good shooters will help me revive the chat forum. I know, not this again. As I write, we are only approx. 6 weeks from the first scheduled match of the year and it is time to start promoting the upcoming season. We could definitely use a few more good shooters and forum members. If any of you are reluctant to post on the forums, please email me the idea and I will see that it gets posted. Google Analytics is showing that approx 25 people a day come by the site and for a couple of months nothing was posted so I need some of you to post something for these visitors to read so that they might visit again. Again, I say please. I think that we should be able to create at least one topic and conversation each week. Obviously many of you are checking by and not logging in.

Any of you good shooters upgrading your stuff or maybe Santa brought you a new piece? Most of you know that I had two dashers. Well I separated the Farley barreled action and the Sightron scope and sold the pieces leaving me one dasher. I had planned to convert the dasher to a 6mmBR, but after agreeing to maybe shoot some 1000 yard in Laurel, MS. I decided to leave the Panda Action rifle a dasher. That was the Indian Blanket rifle and I am putting it in a new stock. I will try to post a photo when it arrives back home. I also have a few items that I no longer need. Maybe at the first few matches we could create a bargain table. As I write Reese Bottom is experiencing a winter storm pelting. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Mr Wynne I am awake and been watching the site, I wondered where everybody went, I guess hunting. I had good holiday season and I am looking forward to first match. I think the bargin table or classified would be good, I know there is a classified here I looked but it’s not current. Some shooters might like trading or buying different equipment.

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

Kenneth, I have always heard that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Put something up for sale and lets see what happens. WWE

Larry Linneman
      Participant

i’ve taken the time to work on some of my other rifles swapping scopes around still have a weaver t36 i’m not sure what i’m going to do with it right now it sits on a stock ruger 10/22 . i’m thinking about rebarreling my saavge 112 single shot to another 308 (as if i dont have enough of them) since i have 2 barrels sitting in the safe just waiting .

Larry Linneman
      Participant

was suppose to shot at a new range in rockford ,al. to test a 338lm tomorrow but thank god my shooting partner has been put on call and cant go (was gonna be 24 with a wind chill of 12 last i checked)

Al Barr
      Participant

Wynne, I want to be notified if that Kenneth Thomas wants to come over to practice, he’s too good already.

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Checking in Wynne. Haven’t been shooting or reloading since last match. Hunting either! I did slip in to take a peek and the altered Reese Bottom range a few weeks ago! Met Britt there to deliver a rifle he is tweaking for me! On the bad side Jimmy’s father passed away last month and my Dad needs by-pass surgery but can’t due to failing kidneys. Will know Friday what the kidney Dr. says. Prayers appreciated! Hope to make the Feb. match!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well it looks like somebody woke Mr Al from his nap ! Lol

Anonymous
      Inactive

I like those grips on Al’s 1911. And I done some thinking on what you said Mr. Wynne but I really don’t have anything to sell right now but it would be good to get something started. Is anybody going to Brock’s gap Saturday. Thought about going and get the itch off my finger, see what kind of tune up I might need.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.