1000 Yard Bench Rest

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 1000 Yard Bench Rest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

I received a phone call today from Robert McMichael[IBS shooter of the year] to let me know that an effort is in motion to create a sanctioned IBS 1000 yard match at the range in Laurel, Ms. There are no real details available at this time. I thought that I would pass this along and if any of you have any interest, you might post a comment here. When I hear more, I will post the info here. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

He called me also and I told him I would ask around. Wynne you know more about how these matches are run and the format. Could you post a little info on that? It is considerably less shooting than F-class matches and from a bench, that’s about all I know!

Al Barr
      Participant

I probably missed it, but I don’t recall seeing any benches at Bar3 1000 yard line.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Steve, My guess is that the matches would be sanctioned by the IBS and that shooters would be required to be IBS members. Robert told me that they would probably shoot four matches in a weekend[probably the 1st weekend of the month] Two on Saturday and two on Sunday. The matches are shot from benches and I think that shooters are required to shoot from a mechanical front rest. Rifles are divided into light gun and heavy gun[light = up to 17 lbs. and heavy = unlimited weight. Not sure if there is a caliber limit. At the nationals this year, light shot 5 shots and heavy shot 10 shots. I’m sure that each local club has some discretion as to how things are done. I remember at the nationals there was a discussion as to agg matches and matches with shoot offs. When I hear back from Robert, I will post more details. WWE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.