Bar3 600 Yard F-Class 24-Feb-2018

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Bar3 600 Yard F-Class 24-Feb-2018

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Looks like I’m going to Bar3 in the morning to shoot the mid range F-Class. I’m thinking about shooting F-Open with the 6BR but could end up shooting FTR either way it should be fun. I’m hoping to meet some new shooters and tell them all about Reese Bottom, just hoping they may come shoot with us sometimes.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Sounds like fun I’m sure you will do well which ever you chose. I’m getting excited about trying F Class next month at Reese Bottom look forward to your match report
      Safe trip
      Jrs

Wynne Echols
        Keymaster

I like the new avatar. The background looks familiar. WWE

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Good luck with which ever rifle you choose. Let us know how thing turn out and also a lot of the details about the match. WWE

Well my firing pin spring took a dump in the first relay so I loaded up and came back to Gods little place in Moundville, Alabama.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I have some extra Remington 700 springs. I guess we need to start taking an extra one to the matches. Bad luck to travel and not get to participate. WWE

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Well that’s a bummer been there done that (hammer spring on a Contender). I had thought about offering to ride over there with you and watch/learn guess it would have be a quit ride home

I stopped by and let Britt check my bolt and he said my firing pin spring needed to be replaced. I was shooting new unfired brass in my 308 and Britt said the shoulder on the new brass being to far back would let the brass move forward in the chamber and cause the lite firing pin strike. I have been shooting this 308 for about 4 or 5 years with no problems until now I would say lesson learned. There were some shooters at Bar3 that offered me some help on the spring and said they had the parts to repair my problem but I choose to just make the drive home and a Big Thanks to those who offered.

Here are some numbers on my brass. Checked with a shoulder bump gauge on my Lapua brass.
      1.564 Did not fire.

1.567 New unfired

1.571 Once fired and reloaded.

1.572 Once fired brass.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Champion Sniper, just reading between the lines, it appears that you are slipping off to other ranges not only to practice, but also to fire form brass and test firing pin springs trying to get a leg up on us poor F-T-R shooters next month at Reese Bottom. Richard, do you think this might be something that ‘The Committee’ needs to address? WWE

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Wynne Echols.
      Richard Slaton
      Participant

Mr. Wynne to his defense He did tell before hand that he was going and he did give a after match report so the “committee” may give him a pass this time.Now that I know the “committee” keeps a eye out for this kinda stuff
      let me admit I’m going to Ga.next weekend to shoot a IHMSA match but ‘s a 22 match only up to 100 yrds. and I will only be shooting open sights (3 or 4 discipline) so I don’t think it will give me any unfair advantage in next month’s mid range LOL
      Surrell do keep us post if problem solved

New firing pin and extra springs are ordered I should be ready for next month at Reese Bottom.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.