6MM BR Lapua Brass

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 6MM BR Lapua Brass

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Has any of the Reese Bottom BR shooters had any problems with the Lapua Brass?

I have 369 shots fired from my 6br and just found 3 pieces out of a 100 with cracks in the necks. I use a neck bushing die and would think my loads are not that hot to crack the neck.The only thing I can figure is the amount of times some of them have been loaded, I’m not good at keeping my brass rotated most of the time 50 may have been reloaded 6 or 8 times and the other 50 1 or 2 times.

I put the wrong amount of times of brass has been reloaded.

Richard Slaton
      Participant

Surrell my 6BrX brass made from Lupua 6br brass have atleast 10 reloads I have lost a few cases but not any to neck split
      Jrs

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Never had a neck split but have had a few to split in the shoulder area. I just figured the few might have had a defect. I do not load at the upper node. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Shot a lot of Lapua Br brass and have never had a neck split. I anneal about every 3 firings.

Just went back and looked in my record book for the 6br and some could have been loaded 5 to 8 times. Looking at the brass it has small short cracks in the neck, but I have another 100 on the way. I also have a 100 Norma brass I my try before starting on the new Lapua coming in next week.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.