6mm br Brass

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 6mm br Brass

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

OTM Tactical had some 6br brass in stock a few days ago if anyone is trying to find, I did order me a 100. I had a problem with the Norma brass Saturday, I fired two rounds and the brass head showed pressure buy the primer looked great with Varget. I loaded 20 with RL15 and fired all 20 with no pressure with the same powder charge. I’m just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with Norma brass?

Benjamin Mitchell
      Participant

Havent used the norma brass yet in 6BR. I use the norma brass in 6XC and haven’t experienced any issues yet.

What charge are you running?

brett collins
      Participant

BENJAMIN 6xc? tell us more inquiring minds need to know

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by brett collins.
      Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

From all that I read and see, you will not find many if any shooters complaining about Lapua brass. The Norma that I have ever dealt with was somewhat shorter than Lapua. Does that matter, not sure. The dasher is currently shooting a light load of Varget in Norma brass. Go figure. WWE

My Lapua brass came in now waiting on the Berger VLD Bullets to work up the record breaking load. I’ve heard the Norma was a softer brass and I found out myself it to be true so I’ll have to do a restart on load testing. I’ll not have time to work on load testing before surgery so all the time off work I’m hoping to get it done after I get ok from the doctor. The loads I loaded with RL15 at 2800 FSP shot ok but not what I need to shoot in a match and hoping the Lapua brass and Berger VLD’s will do the trick.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.