2017 Shooting Season……

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room 2017 Shooting Season……

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Who’s ready for the 2017 Shooting Season?????? The last match we shot at Reese Bottom was the last time I pull the trigger shooting paper or steel in 2016 all I can say is I’m ready for some warm weather and some shooting……

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Hi Surrell. I have not shot any either. I stopped all the shooting here till deer season goes out. Britt has my 223AI and it changing it to a 6Br. I plan on shooting it a lot this year from a bipod. Had several boys asking about coming to another steel shoot so maybe it will be a good year.

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Well, I’m kinda like you two fellows, I have not shot any either. Looking forward to getting back in the grind in February. I have updated the schedule for 2017 so please check the ‘Events Page’ to see when we plan to do what. As in the past, all events will be held on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Entry fees for 2017 will be $15 with $10 going to the winners and $5 going for targets and other supplies.

February will be a Benchrest Match. Let’s plan to shoot a 5 shot target and a 10 shot target at 400 yards and then move out to 500 yards and shoot the same format. Foulers or sighters at each distance.

We have room for a few more good shooters so please encourage others to come. WWE

Steve Gilley
      Participant

Got to start getting ammo ready. I plan to shoot less F-class this year due to my neck but will continue to shoot most of the benchrest matches. My dog is close to being certified patrol dog and I will be required to do 16 hrs. A month documented work or training. May be busy summer but will make time to shoot!

Wynne Echols
      Keymaster

Mr. Gilley, as us older guys grow older, we have to recognize our limitations and make the proper adjustments to allow us to continue to do the things that we enjoy doing. You so graciously built the movable bench for Reese Bottom, so I would suggest that you use it. Richard, Thomas, and Mike say hello. I can envision a great F-Class Bench competition brewing. When the weather permits, I plan to move the 500 yard backer a few feet to the right and take the dozier and cut a little off of that hill so that the right most bench has a better look at the target. WWE

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mr. Wynne I did skip a bullet off that little hiil top last year trying to hit that plate we had hanging. Don’t think the pit crew was very fond of getting showered by dirt.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.