Safety to me means showing up every time with the proper tools to be successful.
– Research proven load combinations to reach the target distance
– Careful loading techniques with chosen components
– Load testing prior to the match to prove consistency and safe function of the load in my rifle. Safe function being no obvious signs of pressure (ejector swipe, pierced primers, hard chambering, hard bolt lift, or misfires)
– Showing up with my head in the right place and practicing the four cardinal rules of gun safety
– Understanding when ‘something’s not right’ with me or my equipment and getting up to keep myself and others safe
I want to be invisible to the other competitors of the match during my turn on the line and watching them shoot.
- This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by scott parten.