Reply To: October 2017 Bench Rest Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room October 2017 Bench Rest Results Reply To: October 2017 Bench Rest Results

With all the things going on with the shooter from the bench or prone we have to remember to put the scope on the right magnification for the yardage we are shooting. I have to go back and double check all on both the rifle and scope and check the bipod. Is every thing tight on the bipod? Then I look at the wind and then try to adjust the scope to deal with the changes, once it changes if I catch it do I adjust or just hold over. I just started a few matches ago shooting with my reading glasses on to see my target dot in my scope better and to see the screen at Bar3, with the glasses on I can’t see the wind flags like I should so that cost me some points when the winds changes. With the all that’s going on with all the changes in the wind and trying to shoot small and shoot all X’s I have a hard time trying to put it all together and be the number one shooter. I come to shoot better than the other shooter at each match and if I shoot bad I try to remember what I done wrong and then try to do better at the next match. I think we all forget that one little thing at one time or another called the wind and it will cost the shooter at the start or at the end some points.

Mr. Wynne I also think a small group is better than points it takes a better shooter to print small groups than a shooter scoring points with a larger group. But when a shooter puts small groups in the 10 and X ring that shooter, like Mr. Richard Allen is almost impossible to beat. So what do we do? We should shoot small in the 10 and X ring if we plan on getting our name called at the end of the match for being the number 1 shooter in our class.