Reply To: October 2017 Bench Rest Results

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room October 2017 Bench Rest Results Reply To: October 2017 Bench Rest Results

Wynne Echols
Keymaster

Surrell, you are right about the wind. It creates situations that most of us deal with poorly. I guess the fun is in the trying to get better. I do think that the way we divide the rifles at Reese Bottom is a fair way of doing things but one would have to admit that shooting over a bi pod and a mechanical front rest is much different. In most cases the mechanical rest should be more stable and allow for quicker shooting which might or might not lead to smaller groups. Someone please tell me that I am crazy for putting more value on group size than high scores. I will admit that there is an art to centering up on the target, esp. at longer distances. We all like small groups and high scores. That is our challenge. Everyone knows that at Reese Bottom we shoot both bench rest and mid range prone matches. I would love to hear from many of you good shooters on wither or not you change your approach to the two different types of matches or do you shoot them the same?

Looking through the photos, I noticed all the smiling faces. I would like to thank all of you good shooters for your emphasis on safety, your pleasant attitude, and your willingness to help with the matches. I know that Steve ran the match and I know that Doug and Jeff scored the targets and I know Surrell brought the radios and I know that Cade’s mom and dad fried the fish, but I really want to thank Eric, Bud, Johnny, and Richard for agreeing to stay in the pits with me for a lot longer period than they bargained for. Thanks guys. WWE