Reply To: Extra Long Gun Case……

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Extra Long Gun Case…… Reply To: Extra Long Gun Case……

Doug Pugh
Participant

Mr. Wynne you are correct I do have a 32″ barrel on my bipod 6 BR. I did a lot of searching for a case for that gun and I come up empty. The case that I carry it in is not ideal so I have a muzzle cap on the barrel to keep it from rubbing because the rifle is touching at both ends of the case. Surrell I’m not sure if this is a bench gun you are looking for a case for, if so I’m not sure if there is a case made that it will fit in because of a combination of the barrel and stock. My bench gun with a 30″ barrel just does clear in a storm case for a 50″ over all rifle. The stock on my bipod gun is a touch shorter than my bench gun and that gave me a little wiggle room to stuff that long barrel in my case. Mr. Wynne is right about the weight too both of my cases are very heavy and I really don’t care to carry them very far. Good luck with your search for a hard case if that’s the route you decide to go but if I could do it again I would probably go with the case like Steve is talking about.