Reply To: Reloading Press Upgrade

Forums Reese Bottom Chat Room Reloading Press Upgrade Reply To: Reloading Press Upgrade

Tony Graham
Participant

That’s just it. I don’t believe there is anything any better. A new one will not have slack. I use an old Rockchucker for sizing and an old RS3 for seating. Both have been taken apart, blasted and powder coated black. My loaded rounds have no measurable run out, except my .284 Shehane. I have a Whidden Shehane sizer that will not make a straight neck. I have Neil Jones making me a sizing die for the Shehane right now.
My BR cartridges:
.300 Atlas, (Jones FL Sizer w/ neck bushings/RCBS Micro Topped Competition Seater)
.30×68 Thor (Jones FL Sizer w/ neck bushings /Newlon Micro Topped Seater that was reamed w/ the Chamber Reamer) Seater ID to Loaded round clearance is .002”
6mm Odin (Jones FL Sizer w/ neck bushings /Newlon Micro Topped Seater that was reamed w/ the Chamber Reamer) Seater ID to Loaded round clearance is .002”
6mm Dasher (Jones FL Sizer w/ neck bushings /Jones Hand Seater used with an arbor press) Seater ID to Loaded round clearance is .001”
.284 Shehane (Whidden FL Sizer w/ neck bushings /Newlon Micro Topped Seater that was reamed w/ the Chamber Reamer) Seater ID to Loaded round clearance is .002”
In opinion the dies are the most important, sizing die especially.